How to Install The Current Production Release
In order to install a 5.10 production release over a prior version of 5.10, please follow these steps:
- Unzip the contents of the zip file. Place the files somewhere on the network where all nodes will have access to them, or burn them onto a CD-ROM.
- On the server, recall security to the Gold Key.
- In Control Panel, remove NPL.
- Execute the SETUP program included with the maintenance release files, and proceed as though this was a new installation.
- Install security from the Gold Key.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 for all workstations.
NOTE: In most cases, the setup should be performed the same way as it was previously.
NOTE: If security is not recalled and reinstalled, it may still function normally, provided the new installation is performed in exactly the same manner as the original.
To learn more about why we make releases available in this way, read this.
Available Production Releases
** All file sizes are approximate.
|Maintenance release of 32-bit Windows NPL RunTime for use under Windows 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP, and Server 2003. |
This file contains the entire contents of the RunTime Package CD-ROM.
These files require an NPL 5.10 GoldKey.
View the Release Notes.