|July 19, 1994 No. 74|
Windows for Workgroups Update Files
As discussed in Marketing Bulletin No. 68, as of July 25, 1994 all new NPL Release 4.10 MS-Windows and Combined NetBIOS and Niakwa Networks RunTimes will support Windows for Workgroups (WFW) networks. In addition, all existing NPL Release 4.10 MS-Windows and Combined NetBIOS and Niakwa Networks RunTimes can be updated to provide these capabilities.
The files necessary to perform this update and instructions are available on Niakwa's BBS or at the developers request by mail. To download the update files from the Niakwa BBS, follow the steps shown below:
- Dial (708) 634-6227 from your modem.
- Enter your first and last name (or log in as GUEST if you are not a registered user).
- Enter your password (only required if you are a registered user).
- Enter "J 4" to join Conference 4--patches.
- Enter "F" to show the file menu.
- Enter "1" for the download menu.
- Enter "D" to download.
- Enter the filespec "WFWUP.ZIP".
- Enter the appropriate protocol information to complete the download.
The patch files are in a "zipped" format and can be unzipped by following the BBS instructions on this subject (from the BBS Main Menu select J for Join, 3 for General Info, B for Bulletins, and 1 for PKUNZIP Information).
The individual update files can be installed by copying them to the end user's file server in the directory where the NPL files are stored. For example:
COPY A:*.* F:\BASIC2C
These new files will overwrite the existing RTPWIN.EXE and RTIWIN.EXE as well as adding the new NIAKNETW.DLL to the destination directory. Refer to the zipped instructions on how to make use of the NIAKNETW.DLL for NPL WFW network support.
NOTE: The new MS-Windows RunTime files are all revision 4.10.16.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact Niakwa's Technical Support.