|February 15, 1995 No. 81|
NPL Release IV Maintenance Update
Niakwa is pleased to announce the availability of NPL Revision 4.10.23.00.x. This new revision of NPL is available as no charge maintenance release to all developers and may be used to update any currently installed NPL Release IV RunTime in the field.
This release of NPL includes bug corrections and enhancements to the product that have been implemented subsequent to NPL Revision 4.10.02.00.x (MS-DOS and 386/DOS-Extender) and NPL Revision 4.10.16.00.N (MS-Windows).
NOTE: All new MS-DOS, MS-Windows, and 386/DOS Extender based RunTimes shipped as of 1/3/95 contain NPL Revision 4.10.23.00.x. All developers who have purchased a Release IV MS-DOS Supplement prior to February 15, 1995 will automatically be shipped 4.10.23.00.x Release Notes. Development packages shipped after this date will contain these.
Niakwa is distributing this update through the Niakwa BBS or at the developers request by mail. The following describes the compressed files distributed on the BBS.
- DOC41023.ZIP All release notes and addendums associated with revision 4.10.
- DOS41023.ZIP Updated MS-DOS executables and support files.
- DEV41023.ZIP Updated B2C.EXE and NPL Utilities.
- EXT41023.ZIP Updated 386/DOS-Extender executables.
- WIN41023.ZIP Updated MS-Windows executables and support files.
- NDM41023.ZIP Updated NDM executables for 386/DOS-Extender.
- 386BESDK.ZIP Updated BESDK routines for linking externals.
To download the update files from the Niakwa BBS, follow the steps shown below:
- Dial (708) 634-6227 from your modem.
- Enter your first and last name (or log in as GUEST if you are not a registered user).
- Enter your password (only required if you are a registered user).
- Enter "J 4" to join conference 4 - patches.
- Enter: "F" to show file menu.
- Enter: "1" for the download menu.
- Enter "D" to download.
- Enter the appropriate filespec. For example, "DOS41023.ZIP".
- Enter the appropriate protocol information to complete the download.
The update files are in a "zipped" format and can be unzipped by following the BBS instructions on this subject (from the BBS Main Menu select J for Join, 3 for General Info, B for Bulletins, and 4 for PKUNZIP Information).